Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wowser

I'm officially in shock. I somehow lost significant weight this week despite over eating on the weekend and having a rough couple days. I lost 2.6 lbs so I'm at a grand total of 8.6 lbs lost. I really cringed when I got on the scale and seriously thought the lady was lying to me when she congratulated me. I guess getting back on track these last couple days really did help.

The theme for the week was discovery. The leader created the following info:

D = Define a winning outcome. It doesn't have to be just weight loss.
I = Initiate a plan (plan for obstacles, plan meals, plan for exercise, etc.)
S = Seek out resources and information (this blog certainly counts for that!)
C = Consider (learn from) experiences
O = Open self to the unknown (take risks, try new things...)
V = Visualize the rewards
E = Examine and renew commitment (review information, discuss goals with others, etc.)
R = Resolve to keep going (don't let failures get you down, persist!!!)

The goal for the week is to focus on one of those "categories" and strive towards it. I thought I'd work toward the "initiate a plan" category since I really need to plan my exercise. I always make excuses and am not getting the recommend amount of activity per week. So what do you think you should work on based on that acronym?

2 comments:

project.100.gone said...

yay! congratulations on your success. i'm really happy for you. I stepped on the scale this morning and was at 308...I am SO anxious to get below 300. It really sucks that 299 is looking good but i'm working on it! i'll write more in regard to your question when i blog next!

LeAnn said...

I haven't stepped on the scale since the first time a couple weeks ago. Just thinking about it makes me cringe. I'm having a hard time gauging how good I am doing. I kind've assume that I am not doing well. I spose keeping track would help me but I know I would not be able to consistently journal or report my daily intake and such - I always start well and then end up being lazy or forgetting. In regards to the acronym, all points were decent. Visualizing the rewards is something I try to do. Like yesterday I was going to buy a chocolate candy bar out of the vending machine. I thought about how much better I would be and feel if I didn't eat it. It basically worked. Congrats on losing rather than gaining weight.