Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our society is backwards!!!

Here is a short but sweet rant....healthy food costs way too much money! I'm providing a couple meat, cheese, and cracker trays for Gavin's fall party at school on Thursday. I decided to stock up on the supplies today since I had the time to run errands. Holy crap! I spent so much money on the bricks of cheese and the meat. Yet, if I was providing junk food, I could have bought everything for under $10. Instead I spend almost $50!!! No wonder many people eat horribly.....they can't afford healthy food!

1 comment:

project.100.gone said...

actually that's a huge issue. there is a much higher percentage of obese individuals in the lower socioeconomic classes than the higher because to eat healthfully is exepensive. Look at the cost of buying good wholesome foods then compare it to the cost of eating only hotdogs, potpies, mac'n'cheese, and frozen pizza. I don't want to make excuses but I think that's part of the reason I have weight issues (it was definitely the issue when I was a heavy child). We had NO money and that's what we ate.