Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's another day....

Eating today went much better. I really focused on my hunger and didn't let other aspects of my life interfere with my eating patterns. I went to a great deli in downtown Ames and got a great turkey sandwich. I went kind of early and they hadn't gotten their bread yet for the day. They only had rye. So I tried rye bread for the first time and must say...not bad. I had been craving a deli sandwich for quite some time and it seems odd to reward myself with something so healthy. I used to get a 12 inch sandwich at this place and just stuff myself at lunch. Heck, I'd even get a bowl of Wisconsin Cheese soup with that order too. It was ridiculous. I got a 6 inch sandwich today and was totally satisfying. Yes, the soup was desirable but I knew it would eat up too many of my daily points.

I'm excited yet afraid to go to WW tomorrow. I have a feeling I gained a little even though I got back on track this week with eating better. I did exercise a ton today due to that pilot study I'm helping with. I think the researchers were trying to kill me via recumbent bike. It was a horrible test and I even felt pretty bad afterwards. Usually I feel great after exercise but they admitted they may have screwed up the intensity. My legs felt like mush for a long time.

So I haven't been setting weekly goals but I think today is a good day to set up some new ones even though it's the middle of the week. I'll try them out for the next few weeks.

1) I will count my points every day this upcoming week. No excuses.

2) I will not watch tv in my bedroom at night. (It's really screwing up my sleep schedule.)

3) I will exercise at least 2-3 days a week and accrue at least 30 minutes of activity those days.

No comments: