Monday, October 13, 2008

Emotional eating blows

I'm really disappointed with myself. I overate this weekend. And to make it worse, I KNEW I was overeating but kept telling myself it was a family occasion and it was home cooked food so I was entitled. I continued to eat when I got back to Ames though and didn't keep track of my intake points. Especially last night (Sunday night), I was in a "screw it" mood and ate way too much because I was stressed about work and pissed off about another matter. I really am an emotional eater.

I was much better today but am unhappy with an encounter with frozen yogurt earlier today. It's going to suck if I gained weight when I'm measured at WW. I really wish I had the energy and the positive mood I had last week. I'm in a really bad funk this week and I can't shake it. And I know damn well that this weekend won't help.

But on a better note, I'm going to try very hard tomorrow and Wednesday so I can say most of this week was a success. I also had a good talk with a great friend tonight (thanks Nicole) so she really helped set me straight. I know this blog is really going to help me stick with it. I honestly think I would have skipped WW this week if I didn't have this blog and friends keeping me accountable.

I really wish I had some other way to diffuse my emotions instead of reaching for food. I don't know what to do when I'm this pissed off and upset about stuff. I try to just chill out and relax by watching t.v. or reading but it doesn't work. Blah.

1 comment:

project.100.gone said...

keep it up Jenny! You're doing great and we all have those times when we really suck at doing what we should, the difference between those who finally accomplish thier goals and those who don't is what you do to correct the shitty times. Don't give up...each day is a clean start!