Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Resisting temptation

So its almost 10:30pm and I'm sort of hungry. I keep wanting to slink off into the kitchen and eat some of Gavin's "Easy Cheese" and crackers. Fortunately I have some cucumber cut up into slices so that's tiding me over. In the past, I would have probably made a small meal by heating up a can of soup or some pasta. I refuse to do that tonight. I'm going to sit here and sip my tea.

I'm feeling pretty good about Weight Watcher's in the morning. Well I don't look forward to attending the meeting in the freezing cold. I'm hoping to make the 10am meeting but not sure that will happen since I need to work at both jobs before that. Gavin doesn't have school so maybe we can get an early start and get things done prior to 9:45am.

My friend Tiffany stopped by tonight to discuss some plans. She and I are going to try and meet weekly on Wednesdays. We want to review the Love Hunger book and discuss the trials and tribulations of losing weight. She's losing weight for her upcoming wedding in August (August 1st Nicole). She made me realize how much I miss The Cafe. (It's a great restaurant in Ames). She mentioned that she looked at the menu and now I'm craving their Mac 'n Cheese. It's baked in the oven and comes with amazing garlic bread.

I hope you ladies brave the cold well. I guess we are reaching record lows that we haven't seen in 15 years. I think I'm done rambling now and I have no desire to raid my kitchen anymore either. Kudos!

2 comments:

project.100.gone said...

Yay for resisting the evil Easy Cheese!!! Also, The Cafe is great and I think that if we do really well until then we should go there when I'm back...let me know what you think! Stay warm and strong!!!

LeAnn said...

Hot tea sounds good right now, darn. I felt like snacking last night too but I was basically too tired to eat so I went to bed. Weddings are usually good reasons and pressure to lose weight, so it could work for Tiffany. I have been packing my breakfast and lunch most of the week which helps me to stop buying the junk food around campus. Hopefully I can keep it going for the semester. If and when Jason comes this weekend it will be a good test if I can control my eating at restaurants my ordering smart. Anyway, we all need support and encouragement when it comes to snacking. So keep up the adversity to unhealthy and overindulgent snacking!