Monday, January 12, 2009

Dance, Dance...

Hey ladies, I thought I'd just check in fast and leave my two cents. First, Jenny I was thinking about the exercise thing and I have a thought. In my years of schooling I have come across some tidbits that really can help people when beginning a new exercise regime. There are 3 stages to any major exercise program and we're both in the intial stage right now. The most important aspect of this stage is not the exercise itself, which seems a bit contradictory. The key is getting in the habit of doing the exercise. Making time in our lives for an exercise routine. Experts actually say that when you're fist starting all you should do is 10-15 minutes 3 times per week and make yourself stick to it. When that becomes easy then add another day, then more time, then another day, then more time. It's only when working out becomes a real habit that you'll stick with it. Now obviously you don't have to listen to me because I am no expert at all but it's just some food for thought!

Second order of business...DANCING!!! So, I have recently decided that I really like to dance. Well, not so much recently but I've recently considered dancing as an excellent source of exercise for myself. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a terrible dancer and I have no dillusions of grandure on the dancefloor but I think it might be a really good way for me to get into the habit of doing my physical activity. I recently purchased 2 DVD's from Amazon that are dance/fitness workouts and they came today!!! I can't wait to try them! I'll have to report back.

My eating has been really good for the most part. I think I had 2 illegal chocolate covered cherries on Saturday and I definitely had a questionable bowl of cereal but other than that I've been really good. I am also very happy to report that it has been 1 week since my last pop (this is really big)!!! I also haven't eaten out in over a week. I hope to keep cooking at home, it's so much better for me and way cheaper! I guess the only other thing to report here is that my new recipe last week was sausage, spinach and mushroom lasagne...amazing!

Alright, dancing and then food! Have a great night ladies and keep up the good work!!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It's great that you love dancing and it can give you the boost in calorie-burning. I don't mind dancing either but it's a rarity which sucks since I love music so much. Kudos for doing relatively great on the eating. I am trying, trying, trying to curb my hunger. I'm having so much trouble feeling full. Having heard that you ate out quite a bit before, it's triumphant to hear you are beating the urge to eat out. It's been at least two months since I drank pop so I feel like I am doing really good. It's doable so keep at it. It sounds like you're doing great, keep it up!!