Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hey ladies, I thought I would stop in one final time before I leave for the great state of Iowa tomorrow!!! First, I just want to say that I am so thankful for your support and help. I have never really done this well with my weight loss attempts in the past and I know that a large part of that is because you are both here to listen, offer advice and share your struggles as well. I am also thankful for my family and health. This has been an excellent year and I think things are just going to be getting better! Second, I have some good news. I think I finally convinced my sister to join our blogging efforts. What I really like about this blog is that we're all doing things a little differently and we can share insights from our own personal experiences. Karla is considering the lapband procedure and is in the inital phase which is nutritional counseling. If she is able to make positive changes in her weight/health in the next 6 months she hopes to be able to skip the procedure all together. I know that she has learned a lot of helpful tips since she started the counseling that I think we can all use. I'll let her tell you more about her story when she writes but she is a store manager for McDonalds so I'm sure you can understand the kind of challenges she faces on a daily basis. However, I have one thing to ask you before she starts. The reason that Karla hasn't started blogging is because she is very nervous to write. She is a terrible speller (she's dyslexic) and is very self-conscious about the fact. I told her that neither one of you would care or make fun of her but she asked me to ask you to be kind just in case. So, not that I have to tell you but I just want to comply with my sisters wishes.

Ok, have a great holiday and I will see/talk to you soon!!

No comments: