Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome Spring

Hey Ladies:

--The weather was wonderful in Central Iowa this weekend...it got really blustery though. We didn't get any outdoor yard work done but did visit the Dog Park three times.

--I'm still angry about the closing of Lane Bryant in Ames. Just wanted to repeat that. I am planning to visit Jordan Creek Mall tonight after work and use some coupons and get some spring clothes. Hopefully I have the energy to shop with a good eye.

--I'm having some personal struggles thanks to some frustration this weekend. I wish dating was more cut & dry and simple. Who knew that interacting with another human being could be so difficult?

--I joined Loseit.com and added you as a friend on there Nicole! We are both going to use that excellent resource and you are going to politely nag me if I'm not staying on top of my tracking on it! hehe Take a look at it LeAnn. I know your plate is full now but maybe you can give it a shot in the summer when things are more relaxed for you.

--My 10-year high school reunion has been planned and scheduled for this upcoming August. I have another goal for wanting to feel and look better. I'm very proud of my parental and career accomplishments but would like to walk into the restaurant with extreme confidence. It shocks me that I've been out of school for 10 years. I feel old.

--I have a goal to get my bike over to the Skunk River bike shop and get it serviced for a summer of riding. It keeps tipping over in the middle of the night (and scaring the hell out of me) so I take that as a sign to get it ready to ride so it doesn't just sit in my bedroom.

--I tried a Luna bar for the first time. I wasn't horribly impressed but it wasn't awful. I got the cookies & cream flavor. None of the other flavors at Hyvee really intrigued me.

--My preparation for the Summer Youth Fitness program is going well. I need to update and edit the paperwork that all the families need to complete (liability forms, medical form, picture release, etc.). I have 94 kids signed up and 90% of my employees hired. I haven't had the employees sign a contract yet though so I better not count my chickens before they hatch. This summer program is notorious for student employees to suddenly quit or not show up on the first day. I've never worked with a budget so large before and I'm really scared about spending too much money and screwing up the balance I need.

--Swim & Gym ends on April 14th. I've never had so many student employees before (I actually have 2-3 extra employees that I didn't need to hire) but it's nice having the physical education program tied strongly into the program. The students that are wise enough to participate and teach in the program are getting a sneak-peak of student teaching since we have plenty of discipline issues.

--We have Greek yogurt waiting in the fridge. I bought the A & E brand since Jessica made it known on her Facebook page that it existed. Gavin picked out a more expensive brand. I can't recall the name right now. I was shocked he wanted to try it.

--I think I only have three weeks left of my weight loss study. They are going to draw my blood again at the end...blah. I'm anxious to let Loseit.com take over for my health coach since I'm not horribly impressed with her.

That's all for now. I need to mosey to the lab for my 2pm class soon. Students are teaching dance today. It will be fun to see them motivate adolescents to move in class.

2 comments:

project.100.gone said...

wow...what a nice blog to catch us up! I am incredibly envious of you Iowans and your wonderful weather this weekend. I ran my heat all weekend as it was cold and rainy :(

Wouldn't it be nice if relationships were always easy and fun? I guess you know it's the right person when you're willing to put the time and effort into making it work.

Yay for joining loseit! Now that I have permission I will totally gently remind you to keep logging...I'm really good at nagging :)

10 years...who fricken knew? My reunion is in July so I won't be attending.

I prefer the standard Clif bars to the Luna I've found. The peanut butter crunch are probably the best, in my opinion at least.

I can't believe how quickly the academic year is wrapping up for everyone. Good luck with the planning for SYF and the end of swim and gym.

I hope you enjoy the AE Greek yogurt. I've never tried it but I really enjoy the Dannon with honey.

LeAnn said...

I remember being surprised when the temps were into the 70s last weekend. I was almost hot at one point. It sucks that the LB store closed, but I can't say I am surprised. I'm currently thinking about buying/ordering some stuff.

At least you're dating. Enough said. I will put looking at Loseit.com on my list of things to do. Ten year reunion - yeehaw! I think people will be pretty impressed with where you are, but I bet you get more questions about Gavin than yourself! Did you do the bike stuff yet?

It sounds like your programs for this spring and summer are going well - planning and executing. I've heard a few things about the Greek yogurt trend. I guess I'm happy with what I am already eating, so I just don't feel like trying it. Plus, it is more costly. I guess I'm just a prude when trying new yogurt.

Ok, I think I covered what I wanted. Sorry it's so late.