Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love Hunger #13

I swear this is the last entry for today. When I get on a roll, I like to blog a lot since I have lots of notes written.

Modi
fying Behaviors Part I Section 3

Eliminating Cues Associated with Eating Activities

Do you do any o
f the following activities:

eating in the car?
eating while shopping or walking around in public?
eating while working at your desk?
eating snacks in a break room or someone else's desk (candy dish
for example)?
eating while walking around the house?
eating while cooking?
eating while preparing
food, meals, or snacks for others?
eating while on the telephone?
eating while reading?
eating while at the movies?
eating while doing errands (grabbing candy at the check out or
from candy dishes)?

I'm proud to say I don't do much o
f those activities. I rarely eat in the car. I only eat when I'm traveling to or from Waukon. We've actually reduced the amount of stops or don't buy food when we stop on most trips. I also rarely eat when shopping. Sometimes we get a pretzel at the mall but I have a hard time carrying things and eating at the same time.

I eat at my desk at home....something that needs to stop. I do it less though but I want to quit it completely. It helps that I rarely use my PC now. I rarely eat snacks at work in the lounge. I'm not a big cake person and it seems like we only have birthday cakes when it comes to
food being shared. I eat less candy from the secretary's candy bucket too. Luckily they usually only stock it with chocolate candy and I'm not a big fan.

I don't eat when walking around the house or while cooking. I'm not a big taste tester. I'm not coordinated enough to eat when walking around and doing stu
ff. I only eat when I'm sitting. Sometimes I eat on the phone but I try not to since it's rude. I can't eat when reading, I need both hands. I'm usually good when we go to the movies. I don't like popcorn much so that's easily avoided. I also hate paying so much for candy so I avoid those treats too. I usually sneak in a bag of skittles for Gavin and have a few from his bag.

I also don't eat much when running errands. I have to be damn hungry
for the candy or food by a check out to look good. My main vice is eating while the television is on. The habit is so strong now so it's tough to break. But discipline isn't easy so I better get ready for some struggles!

No comments: