Thursday, September 11, 2008

More thoughts on weight loss...

So, I decided to take a peak at LeAnn's blog tonight when I got home. I don't know Jenny's sister at all and decided that if I took a look at her blog I would at least have some idea of what's currently on her mind. First, I was really happy to hear that our blog is helping her to make a positive change in her life. That was our goal afterall, not only to help ourselves but others as well. I also realized that even though we've never met, she and I have more in common than I think either of us suspect. When I was reading her descriptions of her previous attempts to lose weight and her current thoughts and concerns I realized that I could have been reading my own thoughts. I too am motivated to lose weight because of health issues. I have been very fortunate up to this point and do not have any health complications because of my weight but I fear that my luck here will run out eventually. I also dread the next three weeks more than anything else. Whenever I start a new weightloss plan I am amazingly dilligent and determined in the beginning. After a week or 2 of success I get distracted or busy and slip back into my old ways. I am really hoping that the blog aspect helps with this. Seems how we're all communicating here I hope that it will give the the motivation and push to keep up with what I'm doing. So, I guess I am asking that you all stick with this too and hopefully we can get eachother through the hardest part of this whole process...the follow-through.

3 comments:

project.100.gone said...

Hey Nicole, is your sister going to hop onto this wonderful blog too? Jenny

project.100.gone said...

I gave her the link but she's on vacation this week. hopefully she'll join in on the fun!

LeAnn said...

Well hello to you and thanks for reading my blog, always happy to hear that. There are few tidbits with my overweight and weightloss history that I forgot to include and I will make sure to add them to my next blog. My best chances of success lie with turning everything into a routine and staying organized. My current goal is to find a healthy type of food or healthy snack that I can fall on when I am feeling desperate or I want to break the diet. That way I won't go for candy bars or other unhealthy food. My main issue (feel free to comment on this) is finding a way to burn calories during my busy days since I lack time to go exercise at the gym. Clearly I have lots of questions, issues, and problems. Thank heavens for blogs! Thanks!!