Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Macaroni Salad Anyone?

Hey ladies-

Per Nicole's request, I am posting a macaroni salad recipe provided by my friend Marie. It's a large batch so you'll probably want to cut everything in half so you make a smaller amount.

1 pound of curly or elbow macaroni
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped finely)
2-4 carrots shredded
1 bag of frozen peas (optional)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sugar
2 cups Miracle Whip
1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp salt
3/4 cup vinegar

Cook macaroni; drain well. Combine sweetened condensed milk, sugar, Miracle Whip, pepper, salt, and vinegar. Add vegetables to mixture. It's best to let it sit in fridge for hours prior to serving so all the flavors mesh well.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

mmm...sounds tasty! I love macaroni salad and can't wait to try it!

LeAnn said...

I'm a fan of macaroni salad too so maybe someday when I am feeling the Martha Stewart vibe I'll put this recipe to good use. We need to get Karen Donahue's recipe for potato salad because it's to die for as well.