Monday, August 15, 2011

Wedding Pictures!!

The ladies if the wedding party (minus myself and Bobbie) all got together on Friday and made a road trip to St. Ansgar because the bridesmaid dresses are finally in!! I'm waiting patiently for mine to arrive, Karla put it in the mail today but I thought I'd share some of the pictures from the first fitting. I cannot wait to get my dress. Karla tried it on because she wanted to see what it looked like and she said it's going to be huge on me! Normally I wouldn't be happy about it being too large but I was afraid it wouldn't fit when I first ordered it. I actually just talked to Arta today, she is a custodian at the hospital, and she is the one who is going to do my alterations. She said she wouldn't take anything from me for it so I'm going to have to find a sneaky way to get her a little something for the work. I know she just likes to do it but I would feel bad about not giving her something for her time and effort. Anyway, here are just a few pictures. October can't get here soon enough!

This is Kayla and Kim being fit for alterations and Tasha looking less than amused. I love the look on Tasha's face...she looks evil!



This is Kim and the best full length picture of the dress I think. Her dress fit perfectly with the exception of length. Everybody else is going to need some serious work. I don't know how I feel about the lady who measured us. I'd say she just had issues with plus size measures but Kayla, who is itty bitty, has to have a lot done on her dress too.



Here is a pictured of Karla, Tasha and Hailee. These are all of the dresses. The color and angle are really weird in this picture but you get the idea. I think everything is going to look really nice together. p.s. Hailee and Reagan's dresses are cream with chocolate brown butterflies! They are going to be so adorable!




Anywho, I just wanted to share with you because I'm so excited and I'm not allowed to show anybody in the family. I can't wait to see my dress because that means I get to finally go shopping for wedding jewelry. Karla bought us bracelets but they took them on Friday and I guess they don't really work so we're completely on our own! I love buying fancy earrings so this is going to be fun.

OK, I should start getting ready for work. Have a lovely day ladies!






3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Yay! I bet October will be here before you know it. I like those bridesmaids dresses - pretty style and color. I'm eager to be bridesmaid for the first time. The only one close is Jenny. Thanks for the pictures!

project.100.gone said...

Those are fabulous dresses! Great color and great shapes. Good luck on the alterations. When I was in a wedding in 2005, my dress was huge too and I had to have a ton of fabric cut off. The alterations cost a fortune so I'm happy that lady at the hospital is helping you for free. Fortunately the bride used scraps from my dress for some decorations since we had so much fabric left over.

Are you going with silver or gold jewelry?

project.100.gone said...

you know, I haven't decided if I'm going to gold or silver route. Silver is more my style but I feel like the wedding itself calls for gold. Karla has a rhinestone bracelet that she said I could wear to the wedding so I'll probably go with that but I have to look around and see what's out there. If Patti gets my pearl earrings done in time I'll probably wear those and have to come up with a different bracelet.