Monday, May 16, 2011

S-T-R-E-S-S

Greetings!

I am finally home and sitting on my caboose. I started my day with a workshop to learn BlackBoard since ISU is switching to that form of online learning. I tend to use an online component with all my courses at ISU. Unfortunately the new online learning is more complicated...it almost has too many options for course design. I'm grateful I'm starting it now and not in August. I need the summer to create my classes.

When I got to the office, I got some bad news about the pool we have in our building. It has a major leak (a pipe literally burst under the pool in the basement). It was leaking 1500 gallons of water a day. It has not be determined if we can afford to fix it. It it costs too much to fix the pool, we may have to permanently close it. That would severely screw up my summer program since we are supposed to give swimming lessons each day. It would also screw up fall classes since we offer swimming courses. Our after school program also utilizes the pool too. Sigh. I pray it doesn't close...at least not yet. I need more time to mentally prepare for its death.

My other big meeting today was at the Red Cross. Major updates are taking place this year so we had a mandatory meeting. I'm so irritated with the organization. There are mistakes in the new materials. They are removing personnel from the Ames Chapter so I'm going to have to call someone in a different state if I have questions about something. So much is being put online and I'm leery about technical difficulties. Sigh.

I have felt very blah mentally. It's trickling into my physical health too. I don't typically get headaches but I got a doosy today. I'm not sleeping well either. Something has got to give at some point. I want to enjoy my summer and make some healthy changes but I am lacking the energy. It's frustrating.

Jon and I found some amazing hummus the other day. It's by a brand called Sabra. I got the spinach artichoke flavor. Jon got the salsa flavor. He's flavor is better I must admit. It was a fantastic snack to put that on little toast slices or crackers. We've also been grilling a lot at his place. I've been impressed with the steak we've purchased and grilled. Lean steaks rule.

Well that's all I have to report or vent about. I vote for no more stress this week.

1 comment:

project.100.gone said...

I'm so sorry that you're stressed, especially with a sore toe on top of everything else. I hope that everything works out with the Forker pool in the end. I would imagine that to not repair it could cost them a lot of money as well...losing students and what not.

I don't really know if I like hummus or not. We had a potluck at work and there was a spicy hummus that was amazing but I don't know who made it. I've tried store brands and have never been really impressed. But the salsa flavor sounds intriguing. I might have to scope it out.

p.s. I want steak...too bad I can't cook steak :-(