Monday, May 16, 2011

Cleaning out the closet

Happy Monday ladies! I hope that you had a great weekend and start to the week. The weekend here was sort of cold, dreary and miserable, however, that lead to a lot of productivity on my end.

I've been meaning to get into my closet and sort things out for a while. I have so many clothes and I don't wear half of what's living in there. I decided that this weekend was the time to tackle that problem. After my workout and errand running on Saturday morning I cranked the tunes and dug in. I couldn't believe how many clothes I have. There were things that I've never even worn (mostly given to me as gifts). By the end of the day, and I'm not going to lie it took me the greater part of Saturday to do the closet and my room I had managed to weed out 4.5 garbage bags full of clothes. I pitched 1 and half bags, things that were old or stained or ripped and have 3 full bags to take to Good Will. The feeling of accomplishment I had after completing this task was amazing. Not to mention, my closet and bedroom look fantastic!! And there's another bonus, I found a brand new pair of work pants (tags still on) that fit like a dream...yay!

Sunday was not nearly as productive for me. I was wide awake at 5:30, which is horrible, and got my workout in early. I pretty much spent the rest of the day doing laundry, watching movies and working on a blanket that I started back in December and haven't touched since Christmas. It was very relaxing and I have to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked it especially because next weekend is going to be busy busy as I pack and get everything ready to head back to Iowa. I can't believe my trip is coming up that fast. The girl who is making the cake e-mailed me today and she can't make it anymore so I have to figure somethings out now but it shouldn't be an issue. She's one of the bridesmaids and I think she's having health issues so I hope she's feeling well enough to at least come to the shower.

OK, I have phone calls to make. Have a great week and I hope the weather becomes a bit more spring like for all of us.

1 comment:

project.100.gone said...

I am so jealous about your closet accomplishment. Organizing my closet has been on my list of things to do now that the semester is over. Thanks again for the polos you gave me in March...those have been helpful with work. Casual yet somewhat professional when the students are gone.

The consignment shop here in Ames frustrates me. The waiting list to submit clothes is so long. And the waiting list screws up the type of clothes I'd like to sell at the store. I don't think they can create an appointment until the fall for me....so I can't sell any of my nicer summer things then. Sigh.

I also have the tendency to still keep clothes with the hope that my caboose will fit in them again. Another big sigh. I need to be more realistic with my space. I'm not going to wear the Gap jeans I had in 2001 again. Thanks for posting about this...it gives me motivation to keep working on my closet.