Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recipe: barbecue black beans and sweet potatoes

Apparently barbecue is the theme for this weeks recipes! This is another recipe that I found on the 'fix it and forget it' website. I will admit that I have not yet eaten this recipe. It takes 3-4 hours on high and 6-8 on low so I got it all put together last night and cooked it over night. My apartment smelled so amazing when I woke up this morning. I was tempted to eat sweet potatoes and beans for breakfast but I stuck with my egg, banana and coffee!

You will need:

1 can black beans (15 oz. rinsed and drained)
2 medium to large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
1 medium onion, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 c. your favorite bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray Honey, which the recipe called for...yay)

Throw all of your ingredients into the crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8...until the potatoes are tender. You can eat it as is or you can mash it up. I did have a very small taste this morning and it was very good. I think I'll pair it with some leftover, roasted chicken breast that I have in the freezer.

No comments: