Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekends like this...

make me wish that Monday morning would not come! I just had the most wonderful weekend. I got in a really great workout yesterday, spent the day with friends shopping and browsing, and then spent the afternoon today swimming and lounging by the pool! Other than the fact that I got a bit more toasty today at the pool (good thing I have some aloe) I wouldn't want to change much...well besides having some other people here to spend the lovely weekend with.

I'm really looking forward to this week. My friend Chris and I are going to be working out together at the exercise facility at her apartment 3-4 days per week. We both want to get into a good routine and just need somebody to do it with. I like working out with her because we get along well as workout buddies. I tend to get lost in my workouts and would rather just crank up the tunes and work as opposed to chit chatting, she doesn't mind that at all! I even talked to her today about maybe playing tennis together. Neither of us know how but we figured we could manage and learn as we go (and maybe you can teach us a thing or 2 when you're out here next Jenny!). I need to make up my menu for the week tonight. I've been doing well with eating but I've been eating out too often, that is the one downside with Chris and her friends, they eat out quite a bit which is something that I can't afford to do from a caloric and monetary stand point.

Anyway, this is the first time in a while that I feel like I'm really getting back on track. I've made small changes to get back to where I was but I need to take a more direct approach. I have a wedding in September that I'm holding off on buying a dress for because I'm really hoping to lose a bit before then! I think if we really stick to the workout plan and I mind my diet then I shouldn't have an issue being down a dress size in 2 months!

Alright ladies, I hope that you had a great time at your wedding and had safe travels. Get some rest and have a great week!

2 comments:

project.100.gone said...

That was a great blog to read now that I'm back in the great state of Iowa. So happy to hear you had a good weekend and that you're back on track. I'm jealous you have a workout partner. Tiffany and I will be working out once a week but I wish I had someone that could meet me on a more regular basis. I'll be blogging later today.

LeAnn said...

It's always good to hear of a good weekend and a positive attitude. Jenny and I would probably say we had a delightful weekend too (as her blog already states). The drive time was a bit lengthy for my taste but now I am home so there's nothing to complain about. I had a nice work out partner too when I was in CF, I miss her. I, too, like to do my own thing and listen to music while I do my thing but my partner was more of a talker but it was still nice because meeting her to work out was incentive to go. We'd walk the track or something and catch up. Tennis is not as hard as I thought it would be so I wouldn't be surprised if you caught on fast. I just taught my lil sister and she caught on very fast. If you ever play tennis on a Wii, it's actually a very good tutorial (in my opinion). Hope to continue hearing good news from your direction!