Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Randomness from Jenny....

Howdy-

I've having a somewhat slow morning due to a schedule change this week. Gavin has day camp and we leave the apartment at 7am each day so I finish my greenhouse job much earlier. I have all my thesis corrections turned in and I'm waiting for approval from my advisor. She just needs to send the thesis back to me as a whole (it's divided into parts currently) so I can add page numbers and create a Table of Contents. I'm also waiting for approval from ISU to start another research project. I'm being paid to measure the kids from my study one more time so it's a continuation of my thesis project. It won't be my project anymore but I'm being paid well to do all the measurements. The biggest pain will be contacting all the families again. It's hard to say how many will choose to return. I can't contact any of them until I get the official approval from ISU though. I have a feeling this will consume most of my time next week when I'm back from Oklahoma.

I'm feeling really good about the dress I bought for the wedding this weekend. It was so odd to enter the store, see the dress, and immediately want it. I usually run from dresses! I have learned a lot from "What Not to Wear" on TLC because I recognized the dress would be flattering on me for several reasons. It has a band of material across the waist so I have more definition in my midsection. It's also a good length and makes my legs look long. The thicker straps are also more flattering on me since I'm not a stick. And we all know that black is slimming so the color was perfect. It's supposed to be in the upper 90s so hopefully I don't melt.

I'm really forward to the trip in general because I haven't seen a lot of my Mom's side of the family in a long time. Being that we're all older with our own families, it's difficult for the Missourians and those from Oklahoma to come up to Iowa often. I had an opportunity to go down and see family when I was an undergraduate (I think) but it didn't work out. I'm not sure if I was busy with school or if I was with Michael at that point and unable to go because of his illness.

I'm also excited for my "vacation" to Waukon around July 4th. Gavin and I are heading up north on July 3rd. We usually stay in Ames for the fabulous fireworks but decided to make a change this year. I wanted to spend the holiday up there but also take some time for camping. Nothing is set in stone yet or officially planned. We also want to go tubing and enjoy the outdoors. Hopefully the weather is decent. I'll have to jump back into reality after that trip because before I know it, it will be July 27th and I'll have to get my butt out of my apartment.

I have nothing lifestyle-related to add other than I'm still lazy. Eating habits are improving though. We haven't been out to eat since Saturday.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Darn, 7 am does not sound good to me. However, leaving at 3 am on Friday morning sounds worse. That's the time we are supposedly leaving. I'm trying to plan a couple days for me to spend in Cedar Falls, hopefully before or after July 4th. Today I went through my luggage for Oklahoma and I down-sized - yay me! I tried on my dress and I am happy. Jason and I are having some fights and that sucks but I think he's having trouble adjusting to my constant presence. I have some upsetting acne too, which does not please me. I agree it'll be nice being around so much family. I guess I'll be seeing you in a couple of days.

project.100.gone said...

I can't wait to see pictures of you lovely ladies all dolled up for this wedding...and if I don't get pictures I will be very mad!!! :) I wish you all safe travels and I can't wait to hear what a fabulous time you had! Stay strong while you're gone and don't worry about the wedding cake...you can just shake it off at the dance!!