Saturday, April 18, 2009

Glorious weather and no more cherries...

WOW! I cannot even begin to explain to you how fantastic it is here today. I'm sure it's very similar to the weather that you fine ladies had yesterday but it's 75, sunny and gorgeous! I woke up this morning rearing and ready to go. I weighed myself this morning and was down to 294.6...I am gradually getting back to the ever elusive 30 lb. benchmark. I've gotten close and then I keep falling off the bandwagon. This time, I'm not going to. I am close and withing the next few weeks I will finally be there...and I cannot wait!

I got a call yesterday from H&R Block telling me that my state taxes were finalized. I had to run down today and pick up my Iowa returns so I could mail them. When I had my taxes done earlier in the week, I was told that I was going to get a whopping $5 back from the state of Michigan. Well, much to my surprise, when I get tot he office today, they had changed my state taxes and I am getting almost $400 back. Now, I don't know about you but I think that's much better than $5!! Because of the beautiful weather, my happy scale experience and the fabulous weather, I decided to grab some Cold Stone (which is right next to H&R Block). I have been craving a chocolate cake batter ice cream with dark cherries. So, I went in and dammit!!!! They don't have dark cherries any more...bastards!!! I like Cold Stone but I LOVE dark cherries. On one hand, I was sad to not get what I wanted (maraschino cherries are not the same) but on the other, my desire to eat there is pretty much nil now.

Anyway, I am off to clean my car...it needs it desperately. I hope that you have a great weekend! Stay strong and press on!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

There have been some gorgeous days these past couple weeks. It looks like the end of this week might end that way. Yay for the good news about your state tax refund. I haven't been to Cold Stone since my freshmen year, I just have no desire for it. Weird, I know. My stresses have lessened considerably so I am being more active and productive. Sunday was weird because I was barely hungry all day. I ate very minimally. We're having a treat day at work today so I am trying to limit myself to one serving of each item. So far so good! This week is busy so I am hoping/planning on being too busy to over indulge and such. Jason is coming this weekend so tennis might happen. I'm anxious to be outside on these upcoming warm days. I wish you the best of the luck with your ongoing weight loss. You can do it! We can all do it!!