Saturday, March 21, 2009

On the road again...

Hmmm...I didn't even realize it but I guess I still have a little bit of Willie on my mind after last night. I was doing great all week and then yesterday, I got detoured. It wasn't even the Fat Friday stuff at work. I had a single doughnut from the Whastenaw Dairy and that was it. I had a cheese sandwich and a big bowl of cut up veggies for lunch (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)...I was very happy with my resistance to temptation. However, last night I sucked...hardcore! I won't bore you with the details but I was just feeling blue because of the updated news on my grandpa, I was in Holter all day Wed, Thur, and Fri so I was feeling lonely and listening to melancholy music. Needless to say I did an emotional nosedive and my eating and exercising habits did a 180 in response.

However, I am not backsliding any further. It was a silly one night stand and now, I am back on the road moving towards my goals! I am going to stick to my planned menus, I'm going to exercise. I even want to go for a walk today if it stays dry. I have some goals and I really don't want to screw them up because I had one questionable evening.

Anyway, a new day new issues. I simply cannot find out who sings the female vocal in 'Fairytale of New York' the No Use For a Name version and it's driving me crazy!!! Now, I realize that this is not a devastating issue but it's bothering the hell out of me. It's not the same chick they use for 'This is a Rebel Song' and I want to know!!!! Maybe I should just stop worrying about who it is and enjoy her amazing voice.

Alrighty, I should get off my duff and get my apartment cleaned and then go for a walk. I'll chat at you ladies later...I hope all is going well today. Stay strong, remember you're great and keep up the good work!!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think we can all agree that those days happen. They suck but we have to acknowledge it and move on. Think Spring - new, fresh start on life. I have confidence in your ability to not let one day/night of bad eating stop your progress. Yesterday was not a wonderful day for me. I sat around a lot and ate more than I should have. I am hoping it doesn't set up a week of bad eating for me. I need to keep myself busy. I'll be putting up that recipe soon too. Happy Spring!