Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thoughts....

Hey Ladies:

I wanted to blog again this weekend. Weight loss is difficult! I'm still struggling with my night/evening snacking. I wanted to start the first week of Weight Watchers right but I cheated frequently. I also didn't bump up my exercise either. Sigh.

I had severe bouts of stress this week too! My job has been nuts. I want the rest of the semester to fly by so I can relax a little bit in May. The work ethic of students in my department is ridiculous. Life is frustrating when you cannot make other people care. Today was filled with laziness. I didn't plan to be so lazy but I honestly think my mind needed a day to just be blah.

Here are my goals for weight loss:

-- reduced snacking at night; perhaps not eating after a certain time (e.g. 8pm)

-- increased exercise that needs to take place 3-4 days a week

-- decrease in at least one clothing size (preferably pant size) this summer

-- reduce my triglycerides over the summer

-- reduce my overall cholesterol and maintain a high HDL level

-- eat more fruits and veggies

-- eat more protein and meat on a regular basis (4-5 dinners a week)

-- improve sleep patterns (in bed around 11pm and up by 7am)

-- do not eat when watching television or movies

-- only eat out 1-2 times a week; one of those visits needs to be Subway or another healthy option

-- utilize portion control

-- eat only when I'm hungry and prevent emotional eating

All of those goals will be utilized for specific weekly goals and for journaling purposes. They've been floating in my head and I wanted to put them in writing.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the goals Jenny! I'm here for help if you need anything! GOOD LUCK!!!

LeAnn said...

I think you have strong, specific goals too. Just don't overwhelm yourself with so many goals. If you accomplish half of them, you'll be in a much healthier position. I need to work on the snacking too. Jason has gotten into the habit of buying candy at Video Connection. I ate probably 50 fruities this past weekend. I feel so guilty, but it's hard to cut myself off with those things. It's a lot easier to battle snacking if certain foods are not in the house.
All I can say about the exercising is . . . get started. Once I started my routine in January, I have been going strong ever since. Get started, make it a routine, then it's harder to quit (in my opinion).
Good luck.