Thursday, July 23, 2009

Important things don't come easy!

I turned my thesis in electronically on Wednesday (yesterday). I'm currently waiting to hear back from a reviewer so I can make formatting corrections. At the moment, I'm quite impatient because I wanted an email from a reviewer by now since it's been about 24 hours. I imagine there is an overload of people turning in their thesis or dissertation right now since the deadline is tomorrow (Friday). I am hoping to have further corrections completed by the middle of the day on Friday....we'll see if that happens.

Onto the title of this blog entry....I've obviously had a lot of time to reflect on my thesis since it's been a work in progress since the fall of 2007 to this week in 2009. When I've felt especially stressed, I tell myself that nothing important comes easy. We all know this is true with weight loss. It's a struggle every day to work out, eat right, etc. It's also apparent with graduate school. And LeAnn will soon realize that student teaching isn't a walk in the park.

I don't have much more to ramble about since I'm extremely busy. I start remeasuring the kids from study next week since my advisor wants to see more data and write a paper herself. I've spent hours making phone calls and assigning appointments this week. I also became a certified instructor for the Babysitting Course at the Red Cross this week. fortunately I have a few days off from the greenhouse though. It felt weird to turn in my notice for that job but in the long run I will really enjoy having weekends off. Just sucks to stop working at a job that is so easy and pays incredibly well. I also need to keep packing and cleaning so I'm prepared for moving out NEXT WEEK! I cannot believe how quickly the end of the month is approaching. Crazy.

Until next time ladies....

2 comments:

Nicole said...

In the hustle don't forget to breathe, sleep, eat, feed your son and take some time for you. Even 10 minutes a day will keep you sane. I remember the days leading up to the move to Michigan and it was crazy...good luck with everything!

LeAnn said...

Indeed, nothing comes easy. I don't things such as weight loss, finishing a thesis, teaching, etc. feel rewarding unless they gave you hell. I'll probably eat my words someday when I am in teaching hell. I didn't know you decided to quit the greenhouse job, that kind've blows. You should be 50% stressed and 50% excited about the move. Many hands make like work and then you have the fun part of arranging a whole new living environment (I'm not being sarcastic). I'm 100% positive that all the hard work (and stress) that will and have gone into your thesis and your upcoming transition will be worth it and rewarding. :)