Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My tummy and waist line are happy!

I love this time of year for a myriad of reasons. The weather is getting so nice with some consistency, I get to break out my comfortable work clothes (capris!), it smells amazing with all of the flowers that are in bloom including but not limited to lilacs and I can once again get fresh produce of high quality without spending an arm and a leg.

There is a little country market down the road from my apartment and all spring, summer and fall they offer locally grown produce (some of which they grow themselves)that is so good and less expensive than the stuff I would buy in the grocery store. It is so nice to have garden grown tomatoes and cucumbers! Its amazing how much easier it is to eat well when fresh fruits and veggies don't cost roughly the same as a brick of gold. I cannot wait until they get more produce in and I can start eating salads and salads and salads (can you tell that I like salads?)! When I stopped in the other day to grab tomatoes and cukes, they also had squash and zucchini and eggplant...can't wait to get into those also! Anyway, sorry for rambling on about my excellent veggies but I just ate a sliced up cucumber for lunch and it apparently went straight to my head!

Anyway, the last few days have been good. I've been eating well and I might be getting on the treadmill tonight after work...although it is so nice out I might actually go home and walk outside (not as intense but the scenery is infinitely better)! I hope you ladies are enjoying this beautiful weather and taking advantage of dry heat! Keep up the good work, stay strong and keep rockin!

3 comments:

project.100.gone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
project.100.gone said...

I'm very jealous of your access to that market. I cannot wait to have oodles of cucumbers and tomatoes. We do have the farmer's market at the mall on Wednesdays and Saturdays but I usually forget about it. Sometimes the prices aren't that great though. I should check it out regardless.

project.100.gone said...

I have actually been to that farmer's market and let me tell you, there is a woman who makes the BEST rhubarb bread and sells it there. Not exactly diet food but it is the food of Gods!