Thursday, August 23, 2012

10 LBS Down

Greetings!

I'm allowing myself to procrastinate a little more before I crank out some more work this afternoon.   I finished teaching at 12:10pm but sadly need to stay in Ames as I'm teaching a CPR class at 6pm.   I may go to Panera later and get some soup and do work in a different setting.   After this blog entry, I'm hoping to create more PowerPoint presentations for my health class.   I plan to avoid work this weekend so it would be nice to fully prepared when I get to work on Monday morning.   I need to start work for my DMACC online class too.  I have to "lecture" for the online course which means creating guiding worksheets and/or PowerPoints for the students to review in addition to reading the textbook. 

Jon and I have lost a combination of 20 lbs now with Weight Watchers.   I'm at a loss of 10.6 lbs total.  Eating well has gone pretty well lately.   I was slightly worried as I ate A LOT of cotton candy at Czech Days.    It's been nice having treats in the house that fit with our diet changes.   Baked Cheetos are my savior.   I've also been eating Schwan's Peach Frozen Yogurt in the correct portions.  I do need to start making some more foods to bring as leftovers to work.   I'm going to try and create a Mexican lasagna soon.   A coworker brought some to work one day and it smelled amazing.   Apparently you layer beans, meat, and salsa between layers of tortillas.  She used Sweet Mesquite beans and her version smelled wonderful.   I plan to use whole grain tortillas.   I'm not sure if I want to add meat to it or not.  I may put meat on one side and keep the other side vegetarian. 

I've not been super active.   I've gone to the gym once since I joined.   Treadmill is still untouched.   I can say that I'm making a solid effort at walking around more and standing more.   I am going to need to make more changes though because the weight loss will slow down at some point.   I'm not seeing huge changes appearance-wise but I have felt better lately.  Energy is definitely up.   Not sure if I'm sleeping better but I do feel more tired in the evenings.   

I'm excited to take a quick trip to NE Iowa this weekend.   Definitely will see the family but not sure if I'll see many friends.   Our gathering Saturday night may be up in the air.   I'm not sure when I'll be back to Waukon again.   The weekends in September are quite full.  Gavin has weekend football that goes into October.  

Until later.....bye!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Nice. I'd be happy with 10 pounds. It's funny, because I'm basically doing the opposite - I'm doing more exercising and less cautious eating. You're eating cautiously with less exercising. Your method seems to be more successful currently. Your Mexican lasagna talk reminded me that there is a Hyvee salsa that I want to get. I had it at someone's house, and I thought it was fabulous. Anywho ...

I have plenty of work to do, but I have absolutely no desire to do it. I just want to go to bed. Thanks to my back, I can't work out. I'm hoping to go on Saturday.

Have fun this weekend, including with me Friday night. :)

Unknown said...

Excited for you that you're losing the weight you want and you feel good! Excited to see you and Gavin this weekend! Caio for now!

Nicole said...

10 pounds is a great milestone. It's always fantastic to be in the double digits. I'm glad that you and Jon are doing this together...it's so much easier with a partner.

Keep up the good work lady.