Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Wish Football Tickets Cost a Nickel...

Greetings!

Back in August when I thought money would be abundant I had a strong desire to attend two ISU football games this fall. We did go to the UNI game and the other game under consideration was the Oklahoma State game. Well I decided last month that spending that much to attend a football game wasn't in the budget. It saddens me that I missed such an intense game. It's not every day that ISU defeats the #2 ranked football team.

I'm somewhat cleaning today (will hopefully dive into it after blogging). I once again need to straighten up my bedroom. I'm going to pull out the Christmas decorations and stack the Rubbermaid totes in the living room so everything is easily accessible this week. My articial tree is at Jon's and I'm going to set it up in his living room again. We had planned to get a real tree this year but once again money presnts a problem. Why must kickass Christmas trees be pricey? It makes me want to wander into a nice park or yard and snag one for free. Then again breaking the law doesn't seem to foster the Christmas spirit.

Tomorrow after church, we are delivering Thanksgiving food baskets to two families. I contributed a ton of macaroni & cheese (thanks Sam's Club) and Jon provided cranberry sauce. We also provided one frozen fruit pie. The amount of food in each basket is quite extensive and the families receiving the baskets are large. We are also going to be bell ringers on Saturday the 26th at a grocery store in Ankeny. I have never rang the bell before and didn't realize it was just an Internet-based volunteer opportunity. Hopefully it's not cold but based on weather reports I've halfway listened to, it's not supposed to get frigid yet this week.

Random note of the day: I hate how odd shaped envelopes require more postage. I guess they make "butterfly stamps" now worth $0.64 since most of those larger envelopes need an extra $0.20. I can never remember to buy those new stamps and I always end up slapping two normal stamps on the envelope and paying too much for postage.

I have some household tasks that need to get done this week and I don't think I can put them off any longer. I hate cleaning the shower. I've not done it fully since we've moved in this apartment. I've done parts of it periodically. I also need to re-pot my plants in the living room. I'm not sure how they are flourishing since the dirt is nasty and weird looking.

Alright, enough procrastinating...time to go make something spiffy.

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

It's hard to know which football games are going to be the good ones. It was funny as the guys I was with last night were hooting and hollering at the TV last night too. I bet the excitement in Ames was huge and loud.

Cleaning is good. I've had a truly lost Saturday. I just feel out of it. I slept a lot. I did zippo. I don't know when I'll own a Christmas tree, but I'm sure they're expensive. Sounds like tomorrow holds some good deeds. You're in the holiday spirit. It sucks about the postage stuff. I just take my large packages to the Post Office and have them weigh it. I never know the number of stamps to put on it.

Good luck with the shower. I hate that. I need to clean part of mine too. Maybe my head will be clear enough tomorrow that I can be productive. I'm just too out of it right now. I don't own plants, so good luck with that. Kudos on blogging. I want to, but I'm afraid it would be too spacey as that's how I feel right now.

Healthy Lady in Progress said...

It is a bummer that tickets aren't cheaper. It really would have been a great game to be at.

I need to organize my bedroom soon. I don't understand how it gets disheveled so fast...I probably spelled that wrong.

I need to clean my shower too. I hate bathroom cleaning, mostly because I feel like it gets dirty right away.

Sounds like you've got some great 'good karma' moments happening this holiday season. I always try to carry change so I can toss it in the buckets this time of year.

Healthy Lady in Progress said...
This comment has been removed by the author.