Monday, November 22, 2010

More knee updates

Jon had his first appointment today in Des Moines. His parents took him since I had a meeting this morning and needed to be in Ames. The tendon that connects his patella is ruptured. They are planning on a surgery on Wednesday. I'm trying to make arrangements for Gavin so I'm available in the morning...Murphy's Law tells me the surgery would be bright and early in the morning. The back of his knee is quite black and blue but his pain has been better. I'll be heading there later tonight so I'm sure he'll have more information me then.

Thanks for thinking of him (and me) during this tough time. Yes, I'm stressed but it's been rather exhilarating knowing that I can accomplish all these tasks lately. Yesterday and today were very productive. I got a nice treat yesterday and since Gregg & Tiffany stopped by and visited.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hope all goes well. I'll be praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Glad you got to see Tiff and Gregg! What a nice treat when life is being less than pleasant!

LeAnn said...

Well at least he gets to have surgery soon. It's better than waiting around. From what I read on Facebook, it'll be a long, tough recovery. It makes you thankful for your health. What a coincidence with Thanksgiving right around the corner.

It's all we are trying to do. Eat healthier, exercise to be healthier, so that we live longer and when we do get ill or have some sort of ailment, we heal faster.