Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's so easy to be bad...

when it tastes SO GOOD! Ladies I am in trouble. I LOVE dark chocolate and I love mint. I love them even better when they are combined. Well, the fine chocolatiers at Lindt and Ghirardelli have decided to come up with festive, dark chocolate-mint candies for the holiday season. A few years ago I found Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares. They were excellent but they were milk chocolate so I could resist. This year they are also making them in dark chocolate. Sheer bliss! I bought a bag a while ago and I'm doing very well at rationing them...I'm actually kind of proud of myself. However, today when I went to the store to pick up a few items that I forgot yesterday I had to walk by the Christmas candy display to get to the pecans. As I walked by I happened to notice that Lindt now has a dark peppermint truffle. I had to get them. I ate one after my lunch today and they are divine! The worst part is that the truffles distracted me and I still didn't get my damn pecans for my sweet potato casserole that I'm making for Thanksgiving so I have to go back to the store again!! GAHH!!

Anywho, if you're looking for a really tasty treat and you like dark chocolate I would recommend either of the sweets mentioned above. The Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares are a little less sharp and are sweeter so if you don't like really dark chocolate I would go with those, however, if you're like me and think the darker the better I would go with the Lindt truffles. Either way you won't be sorry!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

We all have our sweet tooths as well as our guilty pleasures. As the holidays ambush us, we have treats coming our way. I had/have a thing for Hyvee's Dutch Apple pie, especially because you can buy whole pies, half pies, or fourths of pies. I'm a big fan of pumpkin desserts too. Perkins had pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting. Yum. Then, someone at work made pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting - delish. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate, so the peppermint bark squares might be what I would like. If I see them, I might have to buy them. Of course it's easy to be bad. It's the reason our world is going down the toilet. That's a different story all together. :-)

project.100.gone said...

I'll keep your dark chocolate recommendation in mind for Gavin. He's the dark chocolate lover in this household. :)