Thursday, February 4, 2010

Holy Cow....is it Friday yet?

Hey Ladies:

Well I'm pleased to say I had an active day. No, I didn't hop on my treadmill this morning but the nature of my work kept me busy. One of my classes is learning how to teach volleyball in a PE setting so we took the day to play the game and figure out what common mistakes occur. I decided to play too and wow...it was actually quite a work out (we only had 4 students on each team). Playing in jeans bites though, I was quite warm after just one game. I typically assume I will be a less than average player but I played really well today...especially with serving. Serving is usually my worst volleyball skill. I was very warm and sweaty but felt great after that class ended.

My after school program was a very active experience too since we had students rotating through gymnastic stations. My stress level was elevated when our swimming lesson started though. The department hired a lifeguard for me since that is a requirement for pool use. Supposedly she is one of the most responsible lifeguards but she didn't show up tonight. Luckily one of my employees has a current lifeguard certification but it was an issue not having him in the pool teaching. He's supposed to co-teach our intermediate swimming group with another teacher since the group is so large. We have lots of parents watching during swimming lesson time so I didn't like how chaotic things looked because of the lifeguard being AWOL.

After the program ended, my body just felt awful. My feet were killing me, I was soooo thirsty, and I just wanted to collapse. I still feel pretty wore out even though I slept a little bit earlier. I do not think my feet have ever hurt so bad in my life. I need new shoes and I need to drop weight to alleviate the pain too. I keep telling myself that I'll adjust to my workload but I tell you what...I'm not sure I can totally adjust to having to be so busy each day. It's crazy! I am starting to understand why my professor seemed disorganized...she had so much to multitask and complete each day.

Hope your week is ending well!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Well at least it was an active day. Probably not quite the activity you planned for. Those sorts of days are exhausting, but you have a sense of accomplishment and productiveness at the end. Yesterday was more of a painful day because I felt like I couldn't teach to my fullest extent due to headaches. It was an off day for many reasons actually.

I was hoping today would be better, but my students are already complaining. It doesn't make me feel much better. I have a ton of planning and grading to do this weekend. Having the Superbowl, needing to run to Mom and Dad's to dry clothes, and working out could also keep me busy.

Sucks about your missing lifeguard. Volleyball in jeans is so not a good idea. You should always have shorts or athletic pants on hand, you are a PE professor. Alrighty, lots yet to do today. I GET TO SLEEP IN TOMORROW! HOORAY!