Monday, September 28, 2009

Brr...

Brr...it is so cold in here! Granted, I have nobody but myself to blame. I was the one who left all of my windows (including my sliding door) wide open all day and left my fans running. When I walked in tonight, it was a balmy 59 degrees in here. When it's damp and windy, 59 is not warm! I closed up my apartment when I got home and the temp is slowly rising which means the blood flow is gradually returning to my toes...yay!

I haven't blogged in a while, mostly because I don't feel like I've had much to say. Things have been going well. I did eat out this weekend and I have to say, I wish I hadn't. I was craving Chinese so I ordered it on Saturday night and it was bad. Well, it wasn't really bad but it just didn't taste good. Not to mention, I felt really crappy after eating. I've been doing all of my cooking at home lately and my stomach isn't used to all of that grease (I got sesame chicken which is deep fried). Besides eating out, I made some really good meatballs with mushroom gravy in the crock pot this weekend. Very tasty and so easy! I love that Jenny started cooking in her crock pot because it inspired me and I've been happy with everything I've made in it.

While I've been doing well eating in, I have to say that I need to work on my snacking. I've been paying attention and I tend to snack when I'm bored. I need to find something else to occupy my time so that I'm not as tempted to snack. I also have not been working out as regularly as I have scheduled. My goal for this week is to get in my regular workouts. I'll let you know how things go!

OK, I don't really have much more to discuss, I hope that you ladies are enjoying this chilly, windy and wet weather...I don't know how you couldn't be!!! Have a great week with lots of success!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Yes, the cold snap is definitely noticeable. I was indoors for most of the day, but when I came home and took a walk to the mailbox I was shivering. The wind and dampness make it feel cooler than it really is. This is the best sleeping weather (for me) so I am hoping that tonight I'll sleep well. I could use the sleep.
That's too bad about your Chinese, but it's sort've a good sign too. I think I am on the same page as you for snacking. When the school year started I was doing so well, but now I am in a habit of having a big snack when I get home and then two hours later I am making and eating a meal. It's not smart or healthy. I too need to work on uping my physical activity. Good for you, for eating in. Whether it's a crock pot or whatever, it's most likely cheaper and healthier. Good luck with your goal and stay warm.

project.100.gone said...

So as I'm reading your blog, I'm snacking on Oreos. I apparently have snacking issues too.

The weather made quite the day for me. My students taught outside today...sand volleyball at that. It wasn't horrible though. Also sat in the cold and wind for Gavin's flag football game. It was great but I admit, as the sun went down....it got freaking cold.

Crock pots rule. I think I'm gonna name mine. :)

Nicole said...

ooo...whatever shall you name it?