Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time for an Update

Greetings!

It's a new semester, stress levels are elevated again, and like clockwork my blog was put on the back burner.    I'm on my lunch break and decided that I'll use the computer for personal reasons for the next hour and take a break from several tasks.

I guess I'll tattle on myself to start with....the weight loss and exercise are not going well.   I can tell I've gained weight back due to how some clothing is fitting.   I should be more upset but I'm still in "excuse mode" due our busy schedules, exhaustion levels, etc.  I've been so impulsive lately with food choices.   If something starts to sound good when I'm at work or on my way home, that means we typically end up eating out at a restaurant.   I wanted to be working on my running program by now too.   My treadmill still looks rather lonely and unused.   I keep telling myself that we'll get our schedules set and a routine will develop but things are still hectic and our weeks vary.   I keep thinking about the fact that I'm working too much.   I've cut out a lot of Red Cross hours but I also need to work less for DMACC.   It's impossible for me to say no to the money though.   DMACC pays remarkably well and it's helping us live more comfortably and my debt is being whittled down more quickly.  I keep thinking about this phrase...

"Do I live to work or do I work to live?"

On a positive note, Gavin is playing football this fall and he's doing very well.   I was impressed that he was eager to be on B team as he realized that he'd have more playing time if he wasn't on A team.   I like it too because he plays after A team and it will be easier for me to leave work and arrive at his games on time.   I'll have pictures in the future.  

The semester has started off decently.    I'm teaching a new class that helps introduce our PE teachers to the methods of teaching elementary PE.    We worked with kids for the first time yesterday.   Some were very enthusiastic and willing to help.   Some looked like they were in the seventh level of hell and wanted nothing to do with it.   I can tell it's not my favorite class to teach already.    The set-up for the class is screwy and it's hard to present information, do activities in the gym to help the students practice teaching, and have time to work with our lab students.   The other two health classes are usual courses and my DMACC classes are the same too.

Jon and I have decided to take a bible study class on Sunday nights at a different church.   It's a program called ALPHA.   We did an intro to the class on this past Sunday.   It does look interesting and we plan to continue.   The only turn off was the enthusiasm of some of the hosts and they were WAY too excited.   You could tell they were worried about people not returning the following week.   It kind of reminded me of the personalities at Weight Watchers.   I'm often tempted to tell people to back the hell off and give me space.  

I'll live some more life this week and try to have an update again in a more timely manner.    I'm not proud of taking a month off but what can I say?   At least I'm back on the horse again.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You have returned! I can understand busy. I still think you should quit the Red Cross. So, you're busy, and you decide to take a Bible class? I'm having enough trouble staying afloat.

Yay for Gavin. I'm excited for pictures.

Good luck with your non-favorite class. We all have at least one of those classes.

I'm not sure what to say about the eating and exercising. Let's just say I hope you hop back on that horse too?