Thursday, June 13, 2013

And the weightloss restarts...

Greetings!

Stepped on the scale at Weight Watchers last night and have lost 5.4 pounds!   I knew I had lost weight but was slightly concerned as I'm still overeating at night but I've really curbed it.   I'm eating wholesome stuff at night at least but it still adds up to extra calories.   I've basically lost half of what I've gained since January.   I'm sure next week's loss won't be so substantial but only losing 1-1.5 lbs is the way to go. 

I'm actually excited for a doctor's appointment on Monday.   I'm getting my hearing checked.   It's much overdue.   I've needed it to be checked for years.   Gavin's voice is lowering and I have noticed I'm having a hard time hearing him most days too.   Blah.   Jon hates how often he has to repeat himself.    Hopefully Monday resolves these issues or puts me on the right path for resolving them.

The class I teach at ISU starts on Monday.   I'm excited in the sense it's a cool class and the class size is small.   I'm not excited as it's going to force me to be more organized in the morning and I'll have to wake up earlier.   It's been nice sleeping in and lollygagging in the mornings.   I won't have to get up at the crack of dawn but I do need to be on the road by 8:30am.   I'll be doing more laundry too as I'll have to be somewhat dressy in the morning and dressed comfortably in the afternoons.   Thursdays will be a treat as I need to be dressy in the morning, causal in the afternoon, and dressy in the evening for my DMACC class.   Wee!!   Thank God I enjoy doing laundry. 

Jon is off enjoying himself this weekend in Chicago so Gavin and I have the house to ourselves.   I will work a little bit to prepare further for the ISU class but I'm also going to visit Lane Bryant and use my Real Woman dollars earned from an online order.   I need to order some more nice tops and maybe some black capris for work.   I only want to visit one Lane Bryant in Des Moines but I'll go to more than one if I can't find my sizes.  

I'm starting the preliminary planning for our vacation in August.  I'm trying to pinpoint the starting date as we want to chunk up the driving.   It's like 9 hours to get to west South Dakota.   A hotel on the east side of South Dakota has an indoor water park so I'm going to have us stay on the first day of travel so we can do some swimming and relax poolside.   We may actually camp in some areas along the way too.   The main attractions will be Mount Rushmore and Bear Country.  Apparently there is a Corn Palace place too that we might visit even though it's all about tourism.   

Well that's enough for now, I should probably work a little bit before the kid's program starts.   I need to place our t-shirt order today.   I'm not very creative.   Same shirts as last year with the date changed.  

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'm so happy for your weight loss. I wish I could lose 5+ pounds in a week or so. I'm curious about your hearing test results. You should get those like right away, right? I wouldn't think that those results would take weeks.

I assumed Jon was going to a work thing this weekend. But, it's a fun outing? By himself? I'm sure your guys' trip in August will be fun. I don't envy the driving though.

Good luck with your class. I'm going to blog about my class that I'm taking sometime soon. It's nice to be able to dress like a student. So far this summer, I've been getting up before 9, which is better than previous summers.