Monday, April 23, 2012

Live Each Day Like It Could Be Your Last....

Hey Everyone:

I did actually blog last week but something went wacko when I hit "publish" and my wonderful paragraphs of information didn't save correctly or appear.   I had a little hissy fit in my office and gave up on blogging for the week.   I really hope that people can't hear how much I curse in my office. 

Anyway...I was stunned last night to hear of a death in Waukon.  The mother of a friend from high school was killed in a 4-Wheeler accident.  It did make me think of Nicole immediately because I was just as shocked when she called me about the news of her mother.  It's insane how quickly life can change.  I had a lot on my mind as I drove from Ankeny to Ames. 

So with all of that I've had a lot of things and emotions running through my mind.  I feel so sympathetic and sorry for people in Waukon.  I feel worried because I know I can easily lose someone very close to me at any time.  (The unpredictability of life received a rating of "very uncool" this week.)  I've also thought about how I'm living my life.  It frustrates me that my life focuses on work constantly.  I wish I could switch my focus on the things that are most important:  family and friends.  It sucks that a person's survival so desparately depends on income and salaries. 

My eating has been BEYOND poor lately.  I haven't even thought about Weight Watchers lately.  If I want something salty, I go and buy something salty and eat it.  I've eaten out way too often too.  Sigh.  I hate that tasty food comes in gigantic portions with poor nutrition!!!  I wish I was packing healthy lunches.  I'm actually getting very sick of the Smart Ones meals.  I only like a few of them and those few have gotten very OLD.   I am loving the fact that I won't live so close to a grocery store when I'm in Ames.  Having Hy-Vee across the street has been an issue.  I originally thought it would be a nice convenience but it's actually be a major vice.  Hy-Vee isn't super far from Jon's house but it's more of a hassle to get there.  

I'm excited to bop up to Waukon this weekend.  Sadly I won't make it for the funeral but I'll be able to see the play at LeAnn's high school.   I'm also going to attend the Grand March for prom to see my youngest sister too.  Hopefully my group of friends from high school are willing to get together if possible.   I sometimes hate being this far from NE Iowa....and yes I know Nicole, I really shouldn't whine since I'm still in the same state.  I'm going to have to bring a little work with me (I think) but that's just the nature of the beast since the end of the semester is upon me. 

That's all for now! 

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I can't believe about Melissa and Monica's mom either. Did you get any other details - was there another person or vehicle involved? I think my class is trying to put together a memorial gift. Their children are so young not to know their grandma. Those sorts of accidents always give shocks.

One of the main reasons I gave up the assistant director job was for family and friends. It should help with my work load too.

I hope you can get your eating back on track. I'm trying to do so too. With possible dates coming up, I need to get my eating and weight under control. Don't let the semester dictate what you eat. Maybe buy some rice cakes. Maybe set a limit for eating out or Hyvee trips per week. I usually only let myself eat out once a week. It wouldn't be a bad habit to get Gavin into too.

I hope you guys enjoy the play this weekend. I still need to do some research as to breakfast and the Book Store. Take good pictures at Waukon's Prom. See you in two days!