Monday, January 6, 2014

Bring on another semester...

I am wrapping things up for the day before I head out into the frigid cold.   I'm curious to hear what the Fusion sounds like when I try to start it in a little bit.   My game plan was to update and change my syllabi for the semester for both institutions.    I was successful.  I even worked on my online courses a bit too and worked ahead for the semester.  My class sizes for DMACC are rather large so I'm curious to see how many people drop in the first week.  

I am becoming more motivated to spruce up my office at ISU and make it more personal.   I've never asked to paint it and I'm not about to do that yet.   I want to try and do something collage-wise with pictures of Gavin so I can be more boastful of my offspring when people are in my office.   I have so many extra pictures of him at home.  I need to figure out a cute way to present the pictures though.   (Yes I've been scanning Pinterest for ideas).   I never had a lot of creativity or craftiness working for me so I doubt I'll be blessed with any this week.  

I am truly pleased that my stressed demeanor just melts away over the holiday break.   I am truly enthused and excited to start the spring semester.   I have great ideas for all my classes.   (especially the class associated with educating future health teachers)  

I'm also excited for my millionth pursuit of changing my lifestyle.    Right now at this moment I'm thinking "eating better and exercising more?  piece of cake.   I'll start tonight."   What sucks is that I'll get home and laziness or indifference will kick in and my line of thinking will switch to "mmmm breaded cheese balls and sitting on the couch.....I'll work out tomorrow." 

I should probably go to Weight Watchers and see what I weigh.   It will depress me but I need to know where I'm starting from.    History repeats itself!!  

Anywho...time to pack up and head back to Ankeny.   Yippee. 

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'm glad I haven't had to go out in the cold, but poor Bernard. I told myself that today would be 100% grading research papers. I have gotten three done. I'm such a slacker. I did some other useful stuff though, so I'm not a completely horrible person.

I have no suggestions or advice for presenting pictures in your office. I have one picture frame on my desk at school.

I really don't have any suggestions for getting back on the weight-loss wagon either. It's too individual for me to give help. I'm struggling lately though. That cheesecake I made . . . almost gone. I think I'm getting my period, so I'm all over the place.

I'm glad you're feeling excitement for the semester. I just want to be done with these research papers. Then, I will have room for excitement again. However, my next class starts in about a week.

Ok, one or two more research papers. Then, I'm taking a break to make chili. I might vacuum a bit too. We're 2 hours late tomorrow, but I'm secretly or not-so-secretly hoping for another snow/cold day.