Monday, October 15, 2012

Change is Upon Us

Greetings:

I had an evening that wasn't filled with course prep or grading.   I got more things done around the house, worked further on some correspondence, and sat on my butt watching TV.  (Currently watching a marathon of Roseanne)  I'm pleased to announce that the Halloween decorations are up and I was able to find niches for several of them.  I can't decorate the windows though or put anything outside due to the upcoming construction. 

The contractor and his crew are going to start work on the house on Wednesday.   I just checked the weather though....rain is predicted so we'll see if the Wednesday is actually the start date.   A load of siding was dropped off today and the new windows will be appearing tomorrow.   We get to move everything away from the windows soon so the house will be nice and disorganized.  

I'm excited for the weigh-in on Wednesday as I did a good job with my food choices this weekend.   We did a major shopping trip on Sunday and despite bringing in a lot of tasty food, I didn't find myself snacking tremendously.   I gained last week so I'm still tetering around the 20 lbs mark.  I'd really like to be close to a 30 lbs loss by the end of the year.  

We tried a new recipe today.   I created it yesterday in the crock pot.   Check it out at this link:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

It was very simple to whip together.   I altered it a little bit.   The recipe calls for two cans of diced tomatoes with chiles and I only added one.   The other can was plain diced tomatoes.   I was worried about the heat and spiciness.   After sampling it tonight, I could have added 2 cans with the chiles.  I also didn't add the optional chili peppers either.  As you can see, you can add sour cream and/or cheese to complete the dish.  I also bought Frito Scoops too and that was a nice addition of salty. 

I'm pleased to announce that I have my permanent crown.  They popped off the temporary crown (literally) and cemented the new one in place.   I'm happy to have that chapter of dental hell over with.   Now I get to whittle down the debt from the process.

I don't have anything real earth-shattering to share but I thought I better blog before work sneaks up and rules my life again.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'm taking a night off too. I'm hoping for a good night of sleep too. I'm watching Harry Potter IV, and I'm hoping to catch some of the presidential debate.

I knew you guys were planning on updating the house, but I guess I didn't know or realize it would be starting this fall. See if they will add onto the garage for a guest bedroom. :) Even though you are teetering around the 20 pound mark, that's still a good place to be.

To be frank, I'm in no mood nor do I have time to do much cooking or try any recipes. Sorry. Enjoy the crown and peace of mind it gives you.

Lovely Halloween pics.